Friday, April 10, 2015

Blog prompt #1

Blog Prompt #1

For this blog post I had to read a interview conducted by Rebecca Blood and write my response.


The interview I chose to read was about a blogger named Trine-Marie Kristensen. The interview was conducted in 2007 and by that time she was a blogger for only three years. One thing I found interesting about Kristensen that really intrigued myself to continue blogging is that she receives money for blogging. Not just from her 700-1000 word daily posts but she participated in media coverage and interviews as a result of her blog.

Another thing that I liked about Kristensen was her field of discipline. She did not go to school for writing. In fact, she went to school for the same major as myself: marketing. This helps me understand that I could continue to blog, and maybe go beyond blogging, without had be strictly trained in writing or English. On the other hand, North Central College is a liberal arts school and I give a lot of props to their level of assignments in writing.

The name of her blog is Hovedetpaabloggen. It is German for "Head on the Block" meaning "to dare". I like the concept of her title because I feel like most titles out there are generic or boring but this adds in the word blog into another language. I thought it was remarkable.

Kristensen writes whatever comes to mind. But she keeps at the hobby to connect with other people with similar topics. She thinks it is fascinating to connect with people from various parts of the globe and connect on one thing. I feel like that is awesome because as time moves on, international connections are getting stronger and more valuable. I feel like blogging helps people understand other cultures which will lead to optimism with cultures and ethnic groups.

What I learned from Trine-Marie Kristensen is that anyone can blog about whatever they want. It is how they use their blog to connect and become personable with fellow bloggers from other countries. These connections may be a gateway to further impact maybe a few readers, communities, or maybe even a whole country.

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment