Thursday, April 2, 2015

My First Post



April fools

What I did on this comedic holiday


On this day, I always end up with a plan, but I would never fall through with the planning. On Wednesday, I had a plan to do something simple. Something that would not take a lot of brain power.

A lot of pranks can be found on YouTube. There are hundreds and thousands of subscribers who strictly prank and joke with friends. Plastic wrap, hot peppers, and the simple scare are the most popular pranks you will see on YouTube. Here are a few links:

Saran Wrap Prank
Hot pepper extract
Original Scarecrow Prank

Pranks are so funny. Is it because we love to watch other people get humiliated and ridiculed? Definitely. We like to be the pranker, but when it's our turn to be the prankee, it's the end of the world. The next time you are being pranked make sure that you aren't  a sore loser. It makes the pranker feel as if they accomplished their prank if it ends in tears, anger, or retaliation. But if it ends in relationship severing, then the prankee overreacted. Well, unless the prank was life-threatening.

Do you remember your senior year of High School? Remember this is another time a prank is deemed "okay" to do? I've heard many pranks to do for a senior prank, but I only have one favorite. The one my senior class did was not my favorite because all we did was block off the parking lot from the underclass students and have a barbecue. But my old time favorite includes farm animals. You've heard of the three pigs numbers 1,2, and 4? It's a classic. The cow is another animal prank that is hilarious. Rumor has it  that cows can walk up the up the stairs but not down. Have you ever seen a a school rent construction machinery to remove a wall and release a cow? 

Here's a link for a few more ideas for senior pranks

So here's the deal. I planned nothing this year for my April fools prank. I went the easy route. I went out and bought a pack of googley eyes. It was like a pack of 6 pairs for 88 cents. I should have bought more, and I should have bought the smaller eyes. I glued eyes on random items in the fridge (I live with my boyfriend and his parents). I only had enough for six items: the milk, mustard, two yogurts, chicken stock container, and a container of juice. It seemed to have worked. I posted the picture on my facebook page with the caption:

"To those who go to the fridge just to stare..."


In the end, my prank was funny but not something epic. It was quite popular on facebook but not a hit with my in-laws. 

Thanks for reading and from the words of the famous Ron Burgundy:

"Stay classy San Diego"

No comments:

Post a Comment